Aims and Objectives
- To ensure that disabled people have equal rights and to promote the welfare of disabled people through campaigning and consultation with a wide range of authorities, agencies and organisations at all levels and to influence local, national and European governments on policies relating to disability issues.
- To act as a catalyst on many issues relating to disability to enable the subject to be raised, debated and acted upon by a host of different organisations from all sectors.
- To develop partnerships between the voluntary, statutory and private sectors.
- To be involved with social and health related issues, access, education, training, transport and housing at local, regional, national and European levels.
- To enable disabled people to achieve independence by initiating changes in society to remove barriers that prevent this progress.
- To provide information to individuals and organisations on matters relating to disability issues.